PDA

View Full Version : Font - Update from 6.1 to 7.0

clarkitekt
2004-12-20, 05:51 PM
I just updated a project from 6.1 to 7.0. Has anyone else noticed a change in the thickness of fonts?

I am using "Interstate Light Condensed" which in version 6.1 was thin, clean and easy to read. When I updated my file to 7.0, all of the fonts appear bolded.

FK
2004-12-20, 06:41 PM
Did you toggle font smoothing by chance?

clarkitekt
2004-12-20, 07:47 PM
You mean font smoothing within windows? No. If I open a backup copy of the project in version 6.1 it looks the same as always.

FK
2004-12-20, 08:30 PM
Yep, within Windows. My guess is that it's on and if you turn it off both versions will look the same. Am I right?

A couple of screenshots could help.

clarkitekt
2004-12-20, 08:40 PM
ah, you are correct sir. Thank you.

I actually hat just noticed that it prints looking the same as always so not a big problem, it just looks ugly on my screen. Did you guys change the way Revit handles font smoothing to boost performance or something?

FK
2004-12-20, 09:12 PM
No - Windows does the fonts for us. But you know what, I can't reproduce it on my machine! If you care about digging deeper, try playing with Revit's graphics settings (restarting Revit every time, alas). I suspect the culprit is interaction of overlays with your video card driver...

clarkitekt
2004-12-20, 09:18 PM
That was the first thing that I tried actually. I didn't completely close out of Revit though after changing the settings, I just closed the open project and reopened. I will try again closing entirely out of Revit...

clarkitekt
2004-12-20, 10:01 PM
Fedor,
It appears to be the "use overlay planes" setting causing the problem. If I uncheck it, the text looks fine again.

Thanks for your help!

FK
2004-12-20, 11:22 PM
Woo-hoo! Two shots in a row. For an encore I should guess your video card and driver versi0n, but I'd rather take the winnings. ;-)

(ATI?)

clarkitekt
2004-12-21, 12:20 AM
3 for 3. Raedon X300 to be exact. Issues with ATI cards before huh? I honestly hadn't checked what kind of card they got me in this new machine, but I should have suspected as much. When I worked IT at our university, we always stayed away from them for their uh, quirks.

Thanks Fedor. I will have to run through the ATI settings to see if there is something I can tweak to get the performance back.