PDA

View Full Version : lineweights

ntnik
2010-08-31, 04:06 PM
i have imported a few different family types (different doors and windows) the trim on some of the frames plots very thick at the outside of the door/window as a result of the brickmould shape how can i simplify the elevation of the family so the perimeter isn't quite so bold?

t1.shep
2010-08-31, 04:13 PM
i have imported a few different family types (different doors and windows) the trim on some of the frames plots very thick at the outside of the door/window as a result of the brickmould shape how can i simplify the elevation of the family so the perimeter isn't quite so bold?

This could be caused by a number of reasons...First, is your brickmould a wall sweep and cutting into the wall? If so, the thick line you're getting is caused because you're seeing the cut lineweight of the wall. If this is the case, then you're sort of out of luck, and I would at a minimum suggest that the brickmould not cut the wall. Second, this could be because you're lineweight setting for wall sweeps is too thick, check your object type settings under "wall - wall sweeps" and change the value there.
If modifying the object styles doesn't do it, then you can try using the linework tool and override the lines of the brickmould. You could also try to model the brickmould as part of the window and not as a separate wall sweep.

cliff collins
2010-08-31, 04:15 PM
You can edit the family, select the trim extrusion, and set visibility parameters to be on/off for Plan, RCP, 3D etc.

When the trim extrusions are turned off in plan, you can place "symbolic lines" instead so it reads how you want in Plan views. ( same way the door swing arc is represented in a typical door family.)

cheers