PDA

View Full Version : Batch upgrade Utility

rosskirby
2010-08-31, 11:07 PM
Hi all. I had been having some trouble using the batch upgrade utility for upgrading my 2010 families to 2011, and since I scoured the internet for 2 hours and didn't find a solution, I thought it might be beneficial to future users if I posted the solution I came up with.

In one step of this process, you're supposed to drag and drop the Upgrade_RFA.txt file onto the Revit shortcut, and then the upgrade process is supposed to begin. However, after the first file opens, I was getting an error message about a journal error, and my only option was to enter "interactive mode".

As it turns out, the problem is that you can't drag and drop the Upgrade_RFA.txt file onto the Revit shortcut if that shortcut is on your QuickLaunch bar; it only works if the shortcut is on the desktop itself.

Hope this helps someone else.

Elmo
2010-09-01, 06:16 AM
Glad you found out what the problem was. Seems a little strange that it would only happen on the desktop icon but then again, your journal files for projects that have fallen over can only be used on your desktop icon aswell.