PDA

View Full Version : Small office, Thinking about using Revit

richelleharp
2004-12-20, 07:22 PM
I run a small drafting service, am ready to upgrade from ADT 3.3 please sell me on Revit. The independent drafters I will be using are running vanilla ACAD. Possible? Also will be including rendering to services. Any input?

bclarch
2004-12-20, 07:36 PM
Plenty of threads on this subject already. Try doing a search and reading the threads that pop up. If you are still left with some unanswered questions please feel free to re-post with more specific requests.

richelleharp
2004-12-20, 07:39 PM
Thanks much,will do.

Wagurto
2004-12-21, 02:31 AM
I provide a drafting services here in south Florida most of my clients are small architectural offices who relay on the drafting service that I provide. They don't care what program I use to deliver the plans as long as they are good to get a building permit and ti be built. It was up to me to do the change from AutoCAD and ADT to Revit. I found out that I can do a better job faster and more accurate with less errors than before. I am more productive now, I have more fun working and finally, I am making more money end of the story.

Chad Smith
2004-12-21, 02:41 AM
I made the move from ADT 3.0, and haven't looked back. Things are so much better over in Revit land.

Scott_Bloss
2004-12-21, 12:30 PM
Once you go to Revit you will never go back! At least I didn't and have no desire to....

Wes Macaulay
2004-12-21, 03:58 PM
I run a small drafting service, am ready to upgrade from ADT 3.3 please sell me on Revit. The independent drafters I will be using are running vanilla ACAD. Possible? Also will be including rendering to services. Any input?

No more property sets to worry about.
You can really create sections and elevations from the plans.
Detailing really uses the building model as a background.
Scheduling doesn't require a Ph.D
You're on 3.3, but even on 2005 getting the setup right takes six months. You can do it before lunchtime in Revit
Revit is fun and makes you feel like a human being
Revit ain't perfect (we still want stuff from the developers) but from what I can see, having looked at everything else under the sun, it's as good as it gets. Revit has been a mature product since R5 in my opinion. So basically, you're late. :mrgreen: