PDA

View Full Version : Area plan not showing color fills

sifuentes
2004-12-20, 09:32 PM
I have assigned area type properties to the area tags and the color fills are not showing in one level. Other levels look ok. Any ideas?

Thanks,

beegee
2004-12-20, 09:39 PM
First thing to check is that Colour Fills , for that view, are turned on, under Vis Graphics >Annotations.

Chad Smith
2004-12-20, 09:47 PM
And that Floor visibility is off.

sifuentes
2004-12-20, 10:34 PM
Just checked, and color fills are on.

Actually this is part of a bigger problem, which I was going ot post as different treads, but here's the whole picture:

I have this area plan of level 1, where I am not able to see all the walls. I already turned on all worksets, revised categories, phases and phase filters, and can't get to show all the walls.

So I created a new area plan of the same level, where the walls are showing ok, but now I can't see the color fills. Area boundaries and tags are ok.

Thanks,

sifuentes
2004-12-20, 10:39 PM
Actually, where I am able to see the color fills, the floor visibility is on.

beegee
2004-12-20, 10:39 PM
Try making a View Template from one of the Area Plans that works and then apply it to the Area Plan that doesn't.

sifuentes
2004-12-20, 11:00 PM
I already tried view templates. I tried applying a template saved from a view without problem to both views with problems and didn't solve anything.

I saved a view template from each of the views with problems and applied to each other, and no results.

I have struggled with this all day, and I think I'll try another approach to it. Areas are being recognised, which is the main thing. To show the colored areas I think I will do filled regions. Is there a way I can see the definition of the colors for the area schemes? To get an exact match?

Thanks,

sifuentes
2004-12-20, 11:08 PM
It seems the filled region approach wont work. I can't make a transparent solid fill region.

Steve_Stafford
2004-12-21, 09:15 AM
Should also check to make sure your color fill legend is using the correct parameter and that the areas have data in that parameter. Do you have "Assign Colors Automatically" checked?

sbrown
2004-12-21, 01:36 PM
First do you have your area tags place in the area plans?

Second did you drag the color fill box from the area analysis tool bar?

Note that color fills in typ plans are sep. from color fills in area plans.