PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Revit Links of the same file

Amy_Bloss
2010-09-02, 07:58 PM
I have a project that involves three separate buildings that are mostly similar. There is a single file for the building, with design options to handle the minor changes between the three versions of the building.

How do I link the building file into a host project three times and control how each of them looks so the proper design options show for each one?

Or is there a better way of handling this? I really don't want to have three separate building models to manage just because of some minor differences.

dhurtubise
2010-09-02, 08:08 PM
You can control which Design Options shows under Visibility Graphic for the instance of the Link files.
How you doing Amy, been a while? :-)

Amy_Bloss
2010-09-03, 01:05 PM
Thanks! I just didn't go deep enough in the menu's to get to the right spot.

I'm doing great Dan, how are you? Where has Revit taken you now? :)

dhurtubise
2010-09-03, 01:31 PM
Thanks! I just didn't go deep enough in the menu's to get to the right spot.

I'm doing great Dan, how are you? Where has Revit taken you now? :)

Oh you know me, wondering around the planet ;-)
Say hi to Scott

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-03, 02:56 PM
I would educate your users about View Templates, Amy. After all, a Linked Model is going to always show the Primary Option from the DO in a new view. So if youre using the RVT:Link:Design Option Tab to mitigate the differences in the Linked Models, you should configure your DEFAULT view template (And the ones all of the views use when created) to declare that as well.

Otherwise, someone will make a view unknowingly, and the models will look wrong.

Funny seeing you all here again. ;)