PDA

View Full Version : Schedule counts

pdickman
2010-09-02, 09:17 PM
I am trying to get a schedule to do something and would like to know if it is possible and if so, how do I do it?

I'm working on a toilet fixture schedule and would like to be able to have totals under 3 columns. I have attached a screen shot showing the REVIT schedule and an excel sheet showing how I would like it to look.

Any help out there?

Charles.Leman
2010-09-02, 09:53 PM
As far as getting totals, this is what you need to do:

Under the 'format' tab of the schedule's view properties, select the 'count' parameter and make sure the 'calculate totals' box is checked.

Unfortunately, to get the various fixtures in columns the best I can think of at the moment is to create seperate schedules, filter for the fixture types, then put the schedules side by side on the sheets. Then you'll need to break the schedules in order to line everything up.

Alfredo Medina
2010-09-02, 10:42 PM
I am trying to get a schedule to do something and would like to know if it is possible and if so, how do I do it? ...

The arrangement shown in Excel in your .pdf file is not possible in Revit. The sorting you are showing in Revit is the best you can get.

pdickman
2010-09-02, 10:43 PM
Thanks. At least I can stop banging my head against the wall.

Scott Womack
2010-09-03, 10:04 AM
As Alfredo said, you can't get it to look exactly like the Excel, but with some shared parameters, and some manual work, you can get a version of what you showed. See the image attached.

pdickman
2010-09-03, 02:28 PM
That schedule looks great! What shared paramenter did you use? I have tried to use them, but they don't add up. Is that schedule made up of more than 1 schedule? If so, what are the subdivisions?

Thanks

Scott Womack
2010-09-03, 08:21 PM
That schedule looks great! What shared paramenter did you use? I have tried to use them, but they don't add up. Is that schedule made up of more than 1 schedule? If so, what are the subdivisions?

It is just one schedule, although there are almost 20 hidden columns for calculations.

All plumbing fixtures have a series of Shared parameters in them. Some are Type, a few are Yes/No Shared instance parameters. There is also one "plumbing Category family that gets placed once in the project. It stores the Total Egress Capacity number, so it can be used in calculations.

The Yes no typically is used to tell the system if it is in a men's, woman's or unisex toilet room, so that it will count/schedule in the correct column.

I devised this on company time, so I'm not a liberty to post the schedule or families to provide better illustration. Sorry.

Scott