PDA

View Full Version : Wall material takeoff

mbalsom
2010-09-08, 11:28 AM
I'm trying to total the length parameter in a wall material takeoff. I can total the Material;Area via formatting but seems that is the only feild you can total. I want to get total lineal meters of each wall material. ie;lineal meters of wall frame and then m² of brickwork in a brick veneer. same for cladd wall . I can sort by Material; Name in takeoff to group like materials (frames combined, cladding combined,bricks combined etc) but can only get Materials:Area to total and not length.
Is it possible?

Thanks Mark

Munkholm
2010-09-08, 11:51 AM
Mark.

You only need to check "Calculate totals" for the Length parameter - see attached. :beer:

mbalsom
2010-09-08, 11:59 AM
Mark.

You only need to check "Calculate totals" for the Length parameter - see attached. :beer:

"Schedules" yes I know but in "materials takeoff " Calculate totals is greyed out.-see attached. The only parameter available to calculate totals is "material:area"

mbalsom
2010-09-08, 12:25 PM
OK got it. I created a new calculated value using length as the formula, named it "material length" then this made Calcutate totals become active for format "material length". All I need to do is make length colunm not visible in schedule.If i remove Length from schedule new calculated value will not work.