PDA

View Full Version : Rotate on sheet consistent display bug

gaby424
2010-09-08, 09:18 PM
please look to the pictures. how do you handle this?
the rotation on the sheets is by clasical method (90 clockwise or counter clockwise setting).

to avoid this i could rotate by crop but i dislike the idea. or rotate the sheet...

i`ve made tests and found this bug on two versions 2009 and 2011 sp1 So it`s an old one. The prints are buggy too...Any ideas?

Scott Womack
2010-09-09, 10:21 AM
Don't use the Rotate on Sheet parameters. Set them back to not roated temporarily. Now, turn on, and make visible the view crop. Select it, and rotate it (can't remember if it is rotated the opposite way you want it to appear on the plans). This rotates the plan, but lease the annotation normal.

gaby424
2010-09-09, 11:04 AM
thank you. i know this method it`s solves the bug. my problem with this method is that it also rotate the view that is not on sheet. So you will have your working view rotated as the sheets dictate. You will have to adapt your mind to work to different orientations. It`s a little frustrating.

Scott Womack
2010-09-10, 09:25 AM
thank you. i know this method it`s solves the bug. my problem with this method is that it also rotate the view that is not on sheet. So you will have your working view rotated as the sheets dictate. You will have to adapt your mind to work to different orientations. It`s a little frustrating.

To you it is a bug. I know of others who work on high-rise buildings, where the wall sections are rotated, and to them, in the direction they rotate things, it would not be a "bug". I guess Autodesk just can win, or please every body.

aggockel50321
2010-09-10, 01:37 PM
i know this method it`s solves the bug. my problem with this method is that it also rotate the view that is not on sheet. So you will have your working view rotated as the sheets dictate. You will have to adapt your mind to work to different orientations. It`s a little frustrating.

Before rotating the view as Scott suggests, duplicate it, and rotate only the view that goes on the sheet. You can then work in the other unrotated view.

gaby424
2010-09-10, 08:23 PM
ahaa :) ok. good ideea to rotate by crop a dependent copy. But know i made some tests and have a little problem with rotated spot elevations. Pictures are relevant.

Anyway, i want to report this bug from the first post (was it reported before?). What are the steps do report bugs?

Scott Womack
2010-09-12, 10:15 AM
you have to file those through the subscription site. Theat it the Only way to report them. I believe there is a "permanent post" or sticky.

patricks
2010-09-13, 03:22 PM
I *ALWAYS* rotate views via the crop region. *NEVER* by the Rotate On Sheet parameter. That parameter is just way too limiting, and apparently buggy as your experiences have shown.

gaby424
2010-09-14, 07:47 AM
patrick what are you doing with your spot elevations when rotate by crop?