PDA

View Full Version : Changing Void to Extrusion

Alex Page
2010-09-09, 08:58 PM
Previously (2009) I could change a void within a family to an extrusion (under its type based identity data). I only need to do this once in a while, but in 2011 it dosnt seem to be possible. Am I going blind, or has this feature been discontinued?

Alfredo Medina
2010-09-09, 09:24 PM
You mean changing back and forth between solid and void? In 2011, I've seen that feature only while creating or editing a solid within Model In-Place in the project. Not in the family editor.

Alex Page
2010-09-11, 10:06 PM
Drats - thats what I thought

phyllisr
2010-09-14, 01:08 AM
In the Revit 2011 Family Editor, once your void cuts something, you can no longer change it to a solid. This happens even if your void is outside the boundary of the element it was originally cutting and appears as if it is not cutting anything. The void "remembers" it is supposed to cut something.

Uncut the geometry and you can swap back and forth just like in 2009 and 2010.

Snide Editorial Comment:
We could always check the What's New? documentation from Autodesk to find this little quirk rather than wasting time individually finding solutions by accident. Oh, wait... We are supposed to use Documents on the Web > Families Guide for family questions. Oops, wait again... There is no Families Guide for Revit 2011.

Alex Page
2010-09-14, 01:19 AM
Ahhh - makes sense. Thanks once again (and for the other thread)