PDA

View Full Version : Camera versus 3dview

SkiSouth
2010-09-10, 01:15 PM
Did a cursory search and could not find a post with similar issues so, has anyone else come across this? (Looked in bug forums).

Simple family, inserted in project, Revit reverses construction of family, only in camera view. Reversed family issue highlighted in yellow.

I deleted the camera view and recreated camera, so this is repeatable.

aggockel50321
2010-09-10, 01:54 PM
Not quite sure if I understand your question, but aren't the differences in the highlighted families because of the different camera positions for each view (use view cube in each view a reference)?

sthedens
2010-09-10, 02:14 PM
I think the difference you're seeing is because 3D views are axonometric in nature, while camera views show perspective and have a focal length.

SkiSouth
2010-09-10, 02:17 PM
Weell, not if you look at the "arm" length on the model. Closest one, (which should have the most detail), the upper set is displayed as being wider than the lower set. This is opposite the actual constructed model, shown correctly in the view away from the camera. In the iso or "3d view" both are shown correctly. That said, I will explore rotating the closest unit and see if it is indeed an optical illusion.

- yep - optical illusion. Rotate one 45 degrees and the effect reverses both on the camera and the 3dview.