PDA

View Full Version : Why does Far Clipping affect the display of foreground objects?

patricks
2010-09-10, 07:34 PM
I just started in a project previously started by others, that was started by copying another project file and modifying it.

I have noticed that several elevations and sections are displaying objects in what appears to be a transparent setting, yet when I change the Far Clipping setting from Clip without Line to Clip with Line, the objects show up correctly.

On some other sections, I have things like stairs and railings showing up through walls (should not be visible). The walls are NOT set to transparent, and neither do the objects have any object overrides. However on these views, Far Clipping is set to Clip with Line, and none of the other settings affect the view.

Thoughts?

patricks
2010-09-10, 07:40 PM
Got it. Problem was a CAD survey file linked in that had a single object many miles away from the rest of the drawing. The warning message really is true that objects more than 20 miles away can cause problems.

I have since corrected the CAD file and linked it into a separate site file that I'll be linking into the building model soon.