PDA

View Full Version : New build of 7.0 (20041213) is on the web

slb
2004-12-21, 09:41 PM
All,

A new build of Revit 7.0 has been posted to the Download Center (http://revit.autodesk.com/download.asp). This build is more recent than the one subscription clients received in the mail and addresses some specific items, including:

Linked files loaded as "black and white" no longer revert back to color when reloaded.
Some specific upgrade issues were addressed.
Issues where Revit could freeze opening up certain sheet views has been addressed.
Display of certain modern medium data in plan has been improved.

If you are have installed Revit from your CD and are not experiencing these issues there is no need to upgrade to the latest build on the web. If you have not installed 7.0 and have a decent internet connection, it may be worth while to download and install this build when you are ready to deploy.

Scott D Davis
2004-12-21, 09:43 PM
SLB,

Will this work for Series subscribers as well?

Paul Monsef
2004-12-21, 09:52 PM
SLB,

Could you expound on the "specific upgrade issues"?? I've had some issues with my section tags going haywire while upgrading... :)

Mr Spot
2004-12-21, 10:24 PM
Any word on when we may have a build that fixes the crop boundary, view extent issue in elevations and sections?

slb
2004-12-22, 02:20 AM
Paul - There were a few cases where files would fail on upgrade ("Required manual upgrade"). Some of these cases were addressed. If you've had upgrade issues, it's worth installing to see if they are fixed. Trying to predict if your particular upgrade issue is corrected with this build is pretty much impossible, however.

Scott - There is a seperate download for the Series 7 version.

Mr. Spot - I'm not 100% sure which issue you are describing.

beegee
2004-12-22, 02:29 AM
Hi Steve,

Spotty is referring to THIS THREAD (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=11211&highlight=Crop)... ( I think )

narlee
2004-12-22, 04:20 AM
Steve,

Is the reason there is a separate download for series subscribers just a licensing thing? My understanding is that the software is the same; yes?

Geof Narlee.

Mr Spot
2004-12-22, 05:22 AM
Yeah that's it BG. But looks like a couple of people who posted last were referring to something else. I was told at one stage it was to do with curtain wall mullions... Can't remember who told me this?

slb
2004-12-22, 02:49 PM
Geof - Software IS the same... yes.

Mr. Spot - This is not specifically addressed in this build. Do you have any plan regions in the view that is being offset? If you mouse around the view you may see it pre-highlight. Currently, plan regions are not being cropped by the crop box and will remain in the view when a zoom all is performed. If you do have a plan region, simply delete it if you intend to crop it out anyways.

Allen Lacy
2004-12-22, 07:36 PM
I just upgraded a project to 7.0(Build 20041113_2030). I had a crash yesterday when trying to rotate a crop region. I was able to save, but now when I Zoom to Fit, the model is in the upper right corner. I don't know if this is related to fatal error or 7.0, but it didn't happen with 6.1. Also, some crop regions in plan were out of whack like the 3D view, but I have adjusted them to back.

Edit: I have narrowed the culprit down to something in Wall famililes. I do have curtain walls. Is that a possibility and can it be corrected?

Mr Spot
2004-12-22, 10:19 PM
Geof - Software IS the same... yes.

Mr. Spot - This is not specifically addressed in this build. Do you have any plan regions in the view that is being offset? If you mouse around the view you may see it pre-highlight. Currently, plan regions are not being cropped by the crop box and will remain in the view when a zoom all is performed. If you do have a plan region, simply delete it if you intend to crop it out anyways.

Nope there are no plan regions in the view and this problem has occurred in multiple projects in just about every new section & elevation we create...

BTW, as far as i'm aware you can't have plan regions in sections and elevations...?

gravelin
2004-12-28, 07:59 AM
Build Number: 20041213_2030
Anyone knows what's new in this build ?

MOD EDIT: Thread Merged.

BomberAIA
2004-12-28, 05:41 PM
My 7.0 runs out in 3 days. Can you download the new build and it will activate my 7.0?

rodneyf
2004-12-28, 08:14 PM
Sure go ahead and download the latest build and then activate it over the web and you should be off and running. If you have any trouble trying to activate it use either the alternate online registration method or the phone method. I have used both and both have worked.

Hope that helps,

BomberAIA
2004-12-28, 10:02 PM
Thanks, I'll try it now.

BomberAIA
2004-12-28, 10:51 PM
Well, that didn't work. I can't register my license. What is going on? Please, can someone from Revit help me.

Wes Macaulay
2004-12-29, 01:16 AM
Bomber - did you try the method in the doc I posted? It's here:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=11996

BomberAIA
2004-12-29, 02:50 AM
Yes I did. It won't go to the next step after I put the Serial Number in. They're FedEx'g a CD to me. There must be a problem w/ the last time I loaded 7.0 and it didn't work. Revit gave me another number and code which must of messed up my serial number. Thanks for the help. Did you know spell check isn't working?

Allen Lacy
2005-02-01, 04:45 PM
I just upgraded a project to 7.0(Build 20041113_2030). I had a crash yesterday when trying to rotate a crop region. I was able to save, but now when I Zoom to Fit, the model is in the upper right corner. I don't know if this is related to fatal error or 7.0, but it didn't happen with 6.1. Also, some crop regions in plan were out of whack like the 3D view, but I have adjusted them to back.

Edit: I have narrowed the culprit down to something in Wall famililes. I do have curtain walls. Is that a possibility and can it be corrected? I had hoped that the latest build (20050126_2030) would solve the problem, but it didn't. I called Support and the problem stems from walls being set to bearing. I changed all walls to non-bearing and problem was resolved.