PDA

View Full Version : Any way to Default to Not-Contrained?

narlee
2010-09-14, 03:37 PM
Revit has Constrained as the default for move or copy, and it comes up repeated, and I never use it. Actually find it useless...

Dave Jones
2010-09-14, 03:43 PM
Revit has Constrained as the default for move or copy, and it comes up repeated, and I never use it. Actually find it useless...

sort of like Copy for the Mirror commands. 9 times out of 10 I don't need a copy and for 5 of those times I've got to Undo, re Mirror without copy because I forget that it's the standard.

narlee
2010-09-14, 03:51 PM
Right....:)

Andre Carvalho
2010-09-14, 05:24 PM
sort of like Copy for the Mirror commands. 9 times out of 10 I don't need a copy and for 5 of those times I've got to Undo, re Mirror without copy because I forget that it's the standard.

Dave, if you press CTRL key while performing the Mirror command, the Copy option will be turned OFF. Releasing it will turn it back ON.

It won't set any default but at least make it easier to use in my opinion.

Andre Carvalho

Dave Jones
2010-09-14, 05:36 PM
Dave, if you press CTRL key while performing the Mirror command, the Copy option will be turned OFF. Releasing it will turn it back ON.

It won't set any default but at least make it easier to use in my opinion.

Andre Carvalho

thanks for the tip, I learn something new about Revit everyday!

dzatto
2010-09-15, 03:18 PM
thanks for the tip, I learn something new about Revit everyday!
Same here. Good tip. Copy as default is driving me nuts.

narlee
2010-09-18, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Andre!

narlee
2010-09-18, 05:35 PM
So, under Andre's inspiration, I discovered that holding the shift key during Move unchecks the Constrain checkbox.

Gadget Man
2010-09-19, 05:15 AM
So, under Andre's inspiration, I discovered that holding the shift key during Move unchecks the Constrain checkbox.

Good find! As they said, the need is mother of invention... :)