PDA

View Full Version : Station Labels and Plan Production

WScottAllenPE
2010-09-14, 06:58 PM
Platform: Civil 3D 2011

I'm working on creating plan and profile sheets using the Plan Production method for the first time.

Is there a way to align the stationing labels with and perpendicular to the view frames for each sheet? My stationing is typically vertical from the top of each sheet. Can this be done easily?

Scott

Jeff_M
2010-09-16, 12:05 AM
Perhaps a picture would help describe what you want. I'm not quite grasping it....

WScottAllenPE
2010-09-16, 10:42 AM
Sure Jeff,

Here is an image.

If you look at the sheet, you will see that the stationing is all pointing down along the top of the sheet, not staggered along the alignment. My workaround is to drag the labels to the edge, with the labels set to orient by view. But, if you have several miles of roadway, moving a hundred labels is a lot of time if you can get the software to do it.

Scott

Jeff_M
2010-09-16, 02:55 PM
OK, that's actually what I thought you were saying, but I've never seem plans like this so had to be sure.

I am not aware of any method to get the alignment to add station labels in this manner. I had thought perhaps a profile view would work, but it would fail when you have curves as you show. Sounds like an item for the wish list!