PDA

View Full Version : Error moving Revit File with embedded DWG to Shared Coordinates

peter.giampa
2010-09-15, 12:34 AM
Hi all

I have a scenario where I have a Project, with worksets enabled, that I have linked a Revit File containing an embedded DWG ie:

HOUSE.rvt (Project Central File)

SITE.rvt (Linked File) which has EXISTING.dwg linked into it.

After successful likning of the RVT file I am trying to move it to the Project (HOUSE.rvt) Shared Coordinates, when I get this error.

"unable to make the necessary Workset (Project Info) editable in the Linked file in order to change the Shared Coordinates"

I have tried all I can but cannot seem to get it happening.
Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Cheers

Craig_L
2010-09-15, 12:50 AM
in your linked file, (site) ensure that levels are set to "shared" under type properties, and not "project"

Also you may wish to adjust the site co-ordinates in that file as it stands, although being a site file I would have thought (assuming its from a survey) that its already drawn to the correct orientation?

I would unload this file from the link for now, fix the site co-ordinates in that separately, then re-establish the link. Assuming this doesnt lose any work for you.
If it does next stop would be making sure those levels are set to shared in the (site) linked file. Also make sure your (house) central file has shared levels.