PDA

View Full Version : subregion seams

twollifur
2010-09-15, 03:09 PM
I am creating a subregion for all the paving on my site and wanted to have it all as one big subregion. When I did this, I got a weird black zig zag thing that cut my topography.

To avoid this problem I have created multiple subregions, which has worked fine except that I now have "seams" on my roads. I tried using filled regions with the same colour fill as the asphalt to mask these "seams," but the colour doesn't match when I am in the shaded view.

Does anyone know how to create multiple subregions without seams or large subregions without weird blackouts?

Thanks in advance!

aggockel50321
2010-09-15, 03:57 PM
o
r large subregions without weird blackouts?

How are you creating the sub-region boundaries?

If it's an underlying cad file, and you are select-tabbing a set of lines, what are the curved lines coming in as from the cad file, actual arcs or small line segments?

If it's small line segments, I've sometimes have had this behavior.

If it's not a large drawing, you might want to trace over the boundaries (or just the offending boundries) with detail lines, and construct any curved segments with arcs.

Then create your subregion boundaries by select-tabbing the detail lines.

twollifur
2010-09-15, 07:32 PM
Thanks andrewg! I did pick lines from a CAD import, but most of the geometry was pretty simple, I guess Revit just doesn't like to make subregions that are too big.

Do you have any suggestions for masking the seams?

thanks

aggockel50321
2010-09-16, 12:31 PM
Try this:

Under the manage tab, select the materials button.

Scroll down through the materials list to your paving material (default is site-asphalt).

Write down the RGB values for the shading color shown in the dialog.

Go back to your site plan view.

Select the two asphalt regions that form the seam.

Right click and select overide graphics in view by element.

Select the projection lines button, and change the color to match by entering the RGB values recorded above. Close out of the dialog.

Seams gone...

twollifur
2010-09-16, 01:51 PM
Thanks andrewg, that helps alot! For some reason, the seam still appears a little bit darker, but it is much better!