PDA

View Full Version : Aligning Section Cut

rtaube
2010-09-15, 03:09 PM
What's the best way to align an existing Section Cut (Section View?) with a wall (or anything, really)?
Using the Align Tool doesn't seem to work.

The reason I'd like to do this is because I have multiply things that i need to verify in an existing model. I'd like to tile the plan view and secton view and drag around the section with it's existing display properties, rather than create a new one each time.

Using Revit MEP 2011 (but i think this would apply to Revit Architecture as well)

Cheers,

cliff collins
2010-09-15, 03:26 PM
Use a Reference Plane, then rotate the annotation to align to it.

cheers

lhanyok
2010-09-15, 06:14 PM
As you've discovered, you can't move or snap to a section line. But if you're trying to rotate it to be parallel or perpendicular to a particular object (ex. wall), select the section and the object and isolate them in your view. Now when you rotate the section, it will be easier to see it snap parallel/perpendicular to the object in your view.

thomas.163390
2010-09-16, 11:04 AM
Sure you can snap to section-lines.

d.stairmand
2010-09-16, 11:50 AM
You can rotate a Section in Plan View
Just Select it, Rotate then move the Rotate Base Point to one of the Sections Ends, it should Snap to it, and then you can rotate it

J.Merlan
2016-10-05, 05:03 PM
Use the "Place" button on the Options Bar: http://bimextension.com/rotate-a-section-to-line-up-to-an-angled-element-in-revit/