PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2011 - NVIDIA crashes

ruthellenwilliams
2010-09-15, 05:13 PM
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 150M crashes when running Revit Arch 2011. Message on opening says display driver may not support all functions. Win7 64-bit. Fortunately, the display does recover (so far), and I haven't lost any work yet - just lost time to restart Revit and sometimes have to reboot. It is too scary when I see that black screen.

Just bought this Toshiba last fall! Right before "i" video cards came out of course - couldn't wait.

Is there anything I can do besides go back to version 2010? Out of luck there for models already started in 2011.

brethomp
2010-09-15, 09:45 PM
Update your video driver, if possible. Since it is a new laptop, Toshiba may not have newer drivers.
Turn off hardware acceleration in the Revit Options dialog. Realistic mode and AO will no longer work, but it should stop the crashes.

ruthellenwilliams
2010-09-16, 04:59 AM
No new driver that I can find. Thought acceleration was off, but no, so I turned it off. Thanks for the advice.

Elmo
2010-09-16, 06:17 AM
Go to Nvidia site over here (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us) and look for the drivers there. Do a search for your driver here and download the latest one. Install that driver.

dzatto
2010-09-16, 06:04 PM
FWIW, my Nvidia cards crash all the time. I don't get the black screen, but it freezes for a little bit, then displays a message that the driver failed, but recovered. It usually happens when I refresh the system after the energy mode turns off the monitors.

I have 2 cards in my desktop, a QUadro FX 570 and an NVS 290 (I run 3 monitors).

I also have the Quadro FX 3800M in my laptop. That's their higest end card. And it still does it.

All drivers are certified for Revit, and are the latest ones.

I'm guessing it's just and Nvidia thing.