PDA

View Full Version : discussion group at AU 2010 - Revit and landscape architects

bhron_d
2010-09-15, 07:14 PM
Hi all - My firm is trying to make the transition to BIM in order to improve our workflow with architects. I would love to connect with anyone else who has gone through this - my hope is to set up a discussion group at AU this year. Anyone out there interested? Comments? Thanks.

tim.101799
2010-09-15, 07:33 PM
Hi all - My firm is trying to make the transition to BIM in order to improve our workflow with architects. I would love to connect with anyone else who has gone through this - my hope is to set up a discussion group at AU this year. Anyone out there interested? Comments? Thanks.

revit itself is not great for site or landscape design work. I work on a very large master site planning / landscape project for a majot US defense contractor last year. Started it in Revit and after a couple monts of banging my head against a wall I dumped it out to Acad. That said, there are now a couple of site & landscape add-ons for Revit that look very promising.

I am currently looking into buying a couple of seats of this product for my office
http://www.eaglepoint.com/solutions/workflow/office/landscape/siteworksforrevit.asp

Brian Myers
2010-09-15, 08:10 PM
Tim,

That's good software... not quite "Revit Civil"as I've seen it advertised, also not quite Revit like in terms of menus, but very functional and good with a light amount of practice. VERY worth it if a lot of landscaping is required in a typical project. I'm by far not an expert at it yet, but what I've attempted with it has shown a lot of promise.

Alfredo Medina
2010-11-26, 03:57 AM

Well, you never came back to the thread with more information. Anyway, I will be around at AU if you or somebody else is interested in talking about learning, implementing, or producing content with Revit.

Today is Thanksgiving in the US. I have no turkey here, though. I am in Armenia, Colombia, preparing for my trip to Las Vegas next Monday. For the last two months I have been working here, being part of a team that is in charge of the architectural design of four stations of a cable-way transportation system which will be built in Cali, Colombia, next year.

This year in Las Vegas, I am a speaker for one of the virtual classes in Spanish, about forum questions on Revit Architecture. Also, I will be one of the lab assistants of Matt Dillon, at his class about schedules with ACA; and a lab assistant for Doug Bowers at his class about stairs in ACA, as well. This is going to be a very interesting and busy week.

Well, happy Thanksgiving for everybody; I hope to see you guys at AU and have the chance to share some beers!