PDA

View Full Version : Loading Family - Nothing showing up!

jacobs_here
2010-09-16, 03:47 AM
Hi

I want to add some furniture but when I go to insert>load family and pick a chair for example, nothing shows up. I zoom to fit but I dont see anything. What's wrong?

iankids
2010-09-17, 09:38 PM
There are a number of possibilities with this one.

In no particular order:

Check visibility Graphic "VG" keyboard shortut to check if the furniture category is switched off for this view. If so, click it on and all will be sweet.
Change your view range to unlimited at bottom. Doing so might show that the element has actually been placed at a lower lever than the current view.
If the family is a floor hosted family, it won't load until there is a floor to host on.

Probably a couple of other more obscure options, but hopefully one of the the above will sort it out.

Ian

jacobs_here
2010-09-18, 12:35 AM
Thanks Ian for the tips but none of them didn't work. I however found that by looking for furniture in the project browser, I can drag and drop the furniture and they will appear. The problem is that I like downloading other furniture from the internet and putting them in. But I can't seem to get a file that has been downloaded from the internet to appear on the project browser. I've tried renaming them but they don't appear in the menu and I can't load them into the DWG using the 'load family' button.

I've zoomed to fit to see if it appears from the elvation and plan view but I dont see it if I try to load it from the 'load family' button. But for exxample, a desk that is already in the furniture folder can be dragged and dropped into the DWG and it appears from plan and elevation view.

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-18, 03:20 AM
You need to go through the Tutorials. Insert > Load Family simply puts .rfa files IN to the project, it doesnt place any of them. And its not a .dwg, its an .rvt. You then use the Home > Component button to place them.