PDA

View Full Version : Import or copy 3D views from one project to another?

jon.200969
2010-09-17, 12:51 AM
Is it possible to copy 3D views (cameras) from one project to another? I have 4 versions of the same basic building and am looking to print the same 3D views of each to compare.

Thanks!

KayMan
2010-09-17, 02:39 AM
Is it possible to copy 3D views (cameras) from one project to another? I have 4 versions of the same basic building and am looking to print the same 3D views of each to compare.

Thanks!

I think this can be done if you select both the camera and look-at point of each camera. It may have to be done 1 camera at a time though

richard.binning
2011-09-16, 04:41 PM
If your projects are not identical, then create a model line drawn from the project base point to a known location in the model containing the 3D Views to be copied (in case you have to move the cameras). Copy that model line across the clipboard from project to project using "paste aligned current view"

Activate a 3D View in the source project, click the camera frame and right-click select "All instances in project" to quickly pick all cameras at once.

Double click on a plan view to activate it.

Copy selected cameras to clipboard.

Switch to other project and activate a plan view and paste aligned current view.

With cameras still selected in target project, use the move tool and your original model line end points to move the cameras in your new model (if necessary).

martinet657838
2014-01-24, 07:31 PM
Can Default isometric views be copied too? It doesn't seem to work for those