PDA

View Full Version : callouts and interior elev.

bnix
2004-12-22, 07:20 AM
two questions...

first, i have made a callout to enlarge a portion of the plan, but there is one random elevation tag floating far away from the callout plan. i don't know why it is showing up in the first place since the callout region is far away from that particular elevation tag and all of the other elevation tags have been nicely hidden away. any ideas?

secondly,
i'm making interior elevations for the first time and i would like the viewport box around the elevation to show as a line around the drawing. right now it is hidden and it is also taking the lines that it falls on with it. for instance the floor lines or the ceiling lines that should be showing up. the only way i can get rid of this problem is to move the view port box a little bit above or below the ceiling and floor lines. Is there any way to show the viewport box, or is there another way to do this?

beegee
2004-12-22, 07:51 AM
1. it could be that the elevation tag showing in the callout view was hidden in the parent view, using " hide annotation in view ". It would still only appear in the callout if it was contained within the callouts crop region though.
In any case, just select it and hide it ( Right Click ) in the callout view.

2.In 6.1 turn ON the crop region using View Propertities. 7.0 has an icon for this at the bottom of the window.
Once the crop region outline is visible, you can select it and drag it's extents using the blue grips.
Interior Elevations are hard wired to pick up just the wall extent, leaving out the abutting walls, floor and ceiling.

bnix
2004-12-22, 08:06 AM
beegee,

thank you! the first question's answer worked well.
the second however, i think i said it wrong. the crop region is showing. but when i print my drawings out i loss the edges of the floors, ceilings, etc. in some places. is there any way to correct it?

beegee
2004-12-22, 08:22 AM
Hmmm, .. so you can see the extents of the abuttting walls and floors and ceiling in the elevation view, but it doesn't print that way ?

Are you using Coarse detail with solid fills for the cut patterns in this view?
Try dragging the elevation crop regions extents to show more of the surroundings, sometimes that will overcome this problem.

If that doesn't work, post an image of what is happening.

jwilhelm
2004-12-22, 04:36 PM
I have found that sometimes I have to print "raster" to get the interior elevation crop lines to show properly, not sure why

bnix
2004-12-22, 06:25 PM
i found the problem. i had the box that says hide crop boundaries checked when printing.
if you uncheck this than it shows the crop boundary area around your interior elevation when printing.

thanks for your help!