PDA

View Full Version : Titleblocks and Type Parameters

Andrew Dobson
2010-09-17, 10:21 AM
I'm having a few problems with Titleblocks and Shared Parameters

I can only seem to get a parameter to work that is common to all sheets, or common to individual sheets, not common to Sheet Type.

What I would like is a Parameter for Sheet Size that is Type controlled (We have a titleblock type for each paper size). I would like this to appear in schedules.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

aggockel50321
2010-09-17, 12:17 PM
Not quite sure if I understand your question, but if you have multiple family types of a titleblock, you can add a parameter that can hold a unique value for each family type.

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-17, 01:06 PM
Not quite sure if I understand your question, but if you have multiple family types of a titleblock, you can add a parameter that can hold a unique value for each family type.

I dont believe (though i could be wrong) that you can assign a Type Parameter to a Sheet. I think its just one of those "things." The link between Titleblocks and Sheets comes very close, but not really. LOL.

aggockel50321
2010-09-17, 01:56 PM
Looking at it again, you're right, Aaron.

You can open a titleblock family, click on the Family Types menu button, create types and add parameters, but they don't carry through to the titlebox type properties dialog.

Andrew, you can add a project parameter tied to sheets and and give it a unique value for each sheet. Not sure if that helps you....

Andrew Dobson
2010-09-17, 02:04 PM
We have one titleblock family, with different types for different paper sizes. Currently, we use text with a visibility parameter on the titleblock to show what paper size it is.

I would like the paper size to be a Type parameter than I can schedule on the Drawing List. When you change the Titleblock family type, it would change the Sheet Size parameter to match.

I don't think this is currently possible, but thanks for the help.

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-17, 05:02 PM
Yeah, thats the connection between titleblocks and sheets that isnt there. It stinks, unfortunately. The drawing list schedules sheets, but those parameters are in the titleblock. The get about ----> <---- that close to one another. LOL.