PDA

View Full Version : More osnap "exemptions"

cadpoobah
2004-12-22, 12:54 PM
I love the fact that hatching can now be exempted from object snaps.

Now, I'd like to see this expanded to include (or exclude!) the endpoints of extension lines. I can't say I have ever needed to snap to them. But I have had times where it kept snapping to them when I was trying to snap to the defpoints node.

Another option would be to ignore the insertion point of attributes embedded within a block. I have had cases where a block was nothing but attributes, and trying to snap to its insertion point was challenging. The insertion object snap would find the attribute's insertion point, not the block's insertion point. Perhaps it's time for a unique block insertion point object snap, like "block" or "base".

bbapties
2004-12-22, 02:00 PM
just wanted to give my two cents on this...

I hate using running osnaps..... I customized all my "F" keys to be the different osnaps and I have found it is actually faster. And I never get the problem of snapping to the wrong thing.....

(exception = i will turn on running osnaps if im doing something that requires me to draw multiple items from end to end but normally its faster for me to just hit "F3" for endpoint)

** but I do like the idea of not having the bottom of the extension line on a dim not to be picked up as an end point...:beer: **

Tom Beauford
2004-12-22, 03:03 PM
Couldn't agree more. I say exclude the endpoints that are close to the dimensioned objects (near the defpoints) and all attributes by default. The only thing I ever snap to usually is the defpoints with node.
I love the fact that hatching can now be exempted from object snaps.

Now, I'd like to see this expanded to include (or exclude!) the endpoints of extension lines. I can't say I have ever needed to snap to them. But I have had times where it kept snapping to them when I was trying to snap to the defpoints node.

Another option would be to ignore the insertion point of attributes embedded within a block. I have had cases where a block was nothing but attributes, and trying to snap to its insertion point was challenging. The insertion object snap would find the attribute's insertion point, not the block's insertion point. Perhaps it's time for a unique block insertion point object snap, like "block" or "base".

ntaylor
2004-12-22, 09:38 PM
Hi Chris,
I would definately like to have the option for insertion to ignore attributes within a block.
Regards - Nathan

ntaylor
2004-12-22, 09:44 PM
Actually I would like the option to be able to ignore all items in a block.
Regards - Nathan

Glenn Pope
2004-12-23, 07:12 PM
That would be a nice option to have. I've lost count how many times I tried to snap to an insert point and got the attribute.

cadpoobah
2004-12-27, 10:50 PM
Actually I would like the option to be able to ignore all items in a block.
Regards - Nathan
Niiice! I like it.