PDA

View Full Version : added 2nd display, now tool palettes jump to center of screen

jameswest77
2010-09-17, 11:27 PM
I added an older LCD display (it's serial, if that matters) to host my Project Browser and Properties tool palettes. However, every time I edit a family in the Family Editor or sometimes when I switch views the tool palettes jump to the exact center of my primary display, stacked one on top of the other.

I have restarted my computer and repositioned the palettes in Revit before closing and reopening, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
James West
Architectural Designer
Willamette Architecture 360

jameswest77
2010-09-18, 03:03 PM
any theories?

too bad Revit won't let you snap palettes to the sides of secondary displays.

jameswest77
2010-09-20, 01:52 PM
I'm the only person in the world that this has happened to? No one has any input at all?

arqt49
2010-09-20, 02:17 PM
2011 version resolved that issue.
Are you using RAC 2010?

jameswest77
2010-09-20, 02:21 PM
2011 version resolved that issue.
Are you using RAC 2010?

Interesting. I am using 2011.

dzatto
2010-09-20, 02:39 PM
I'm using 3 displays with no problem, except that I have to I have to "stretch" Revit across 2 of them after I launch it.

Maybe it's a video card issue since it's an older monitor?

arqt49
2010-09-20, 03:20 PM
Do you have any video card screen manager?
Some have options for opening new windows centred in the main display.

TerribleTim
2010-09-20, 03:25 PM
Keeping an eye on this thread. . .

I placed my properties palette on my second monitor (RAC2011) and every time I open Revit, not only is my properties palette back where it started but Revit is not full screen either so I have to maximize the window every time and then move the palette where I want it. :?

Isn't there a way to get it to remember your settings from your last session?

jameswest77
2010-09-20, 03:30 PM
Do you have any video card screen manager?
Some have options for opening new windows centred in the main display.

A video card screen manager? Haven't heard of such a thing. I'm running a Radeon HD5770. I just went into the Catalyst Control Center and I do see a Desktop Manager, but I don't see anything about positioning new windows.

jameswest77
2010-09-20, 03:31 PM

I placed my properties palette on my second monitor (RAC2011) and every time I open Revit, not only is my properties palette back where it started but Revit is not full screen either so I have to maximize the window every time and then move the palette where I want it. :?

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

jameswest77
2010-09-20, 03:44 PM
Alright, the Catalyst Control Center has an option for Enabling Desktop Manager. Turned off, the Palettes stay in the right place. Thanks for the direction!

dzatto
2010-09-20, 04:09 PM

That happened to me after a crash. There is a thread here somewhere about a workaround that I did, and it worked. I'll try to find it for ya.

I can't find it! It was something like redock it to the default position. Shut down Revit, relaunch. Move it where you want it. Shut down Revit. Relaunch. All is fixed. Or something like that. It's here somewhere dammit..............