PDA

View Full Version : horizontal sections

mwiseman.69734
2004-12-22, 03:51 PM
Has anyone found a way to call out a plan detail from an elevation? I have a series of window elevations I'd like to call details from, but seem to only be able to get plan details from a plan callout (sections will not go horizontal). Any tips?

Thanks in advance
Mike Wiseman

aaronrumple
2004-12-22, 03:57 PM
Select the section tool and then select Detail View as the section family type. This will also place a callout in the plan view at the same time.

mwiseman.69734
2004-12-23, 07:46 PM
Aaron,

Thanks for the tip. I notice the callout function gives me the option to turn intersecting sections on or off, but the section detail view does not. Is there a workaround? Can I make a blank callout that does not show up, or do I have to manully hide all callouts I don't want to see?

Thanks,
Mike

beegee
2004-12-23, 10:00 PM
Hi Mike,

In the detail section view, you should still be able to select an intersection section and " Hide Annotation in View ". Alternatively, if there are many intersecting section, you could turn them all off using Vis Graphic Annotations - Section category.

Aaron,

Thanks for the tip. I notice the callout function gives me the option to turn intersecting sections on or off, but the section detail view does not. Is there a workaround? Can I make a blank callout that does not show up, or do I have to manully hide all callouts I don't want to see?

Thanks,
Mike