PDA

View Full Version : Roof Image on a Plan

BomberAIA
2003-10-03, 10:36 AM
The roof is showing up on my second floor plan. If I turn off the visability, the lower roof will turn off. Is there a way to turn off just the upper roof?

rodneyf
2003-10-03, 11:09 AM
Have you checked your View Range? Also, did you check to make sure you don't have the level above your second floor as an underlay? I am just taking a stab at it, as that was what happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

HTH,

bclarch
2003-10-03, 01:20 PM
If all else fails you can use the linework tool to make it invisible.

Nic M.
2003-10-03, 01:30 PM
You should be able to do this with worksets
you can assing each roof to a different workset and so be able to switch them off or on.
I have no experience with worksets my own. Only give you the information I have from this group.
I'm sure some Workset king can jump in.
Good luck

BomberAIA
2003-10-03, 01:31 PM
Checked view range an made sure the above level was off. There must be another setting I am missing.

Steve Jager
2003-10-03, 03:18 PM
Use the "Hide in View" option for each of the roofs you want to turn off.
I use this all the time instead of trying to set the "View Range"

Scott Hopkins
2003-10-03, 05:14 PM
Steve, I can’t find the “hide in view" option. Are you perhaps talking about the “hide/isolate” command? My understanding of the “hide/isolate” command is that it will hide items on the screen but everything that is hidden shows up again when you print your drawings.

gregcashen
2003-10-03, 06:11 PM
My understanding of the “hide/isolate” command is that it will hide items on the screen but everything that is hidden shows up again when you print your drawings.

This is the correct understanding. Unfortunately, changing the view depth will not help you because you would have to change it to 0 in order for it not to show the roof line...actually below 0 because the eaves probably extend into the level below. You will probably have to use linework or take a stab at the worksets idea.

bclarch
2003-10-03, 06:35 PM
What level were you on when you drew the roof? If you drew it on level two then Revit probably considers it part of that level. Try creating a level at the top plate and drawing the roof while you are on that level.

PeterJ
2003-10-04, 08:36 AM
Howabout a jpg of 3d and on of the plan so we can see what you are describing.