PDA

View Full Version : Revit - Devided Section

dean.helsel
2010-09-20, 05:36 PM
Didn't know exactly how to title this, but here is my problem. I have a very tall wall section that will not fit onto my sheet in one piece. I want to be able to split it into 2 pieces to be placed on the same sheet, but there is a lot going on so I can't just split and crop the views into one section.

So - I made 2 dependant section views and adjusted the cropping in both views so that I can see what I want and also drop them onto a sheet side-by-side. I now have individual section marks for the parent and 2 dependant views though, and need to control the visibility if the section marks in the plan views as well as deal with the sheet view numbering.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dean

patricks
2010-09-20, 05:58 PM
In the building section where the wall section callouts are shown, I would just create 2 separate callouts for your high and low wall sections. I would get rid of the dependent views, duplicate with detailing, and then crop and delete what you don't need from each wall section view.

Scott Womack
2010-09-21, 09:18 AM
In the building section where the wall section callouts are shown, I would just create 2 separate callouts for your high and low wall sections. I would get rid of the dependent views, duplicate with detailing, and then crop and delete what you don't need from each wall section view.

Patrick's system works, yes. Personally, since I am currently working on a 12 story project, and am late in the CD's, I understand your pain. I chose to head in the dependent views direction, since it is less annotation that needs to be done. I also overlapped the views by one floor. Then I went to that overlapped floor levels, and hid one or the other section marks. On the exterior elevations, I hid the upper, and dragged the lower the height of the building (since the lower portion is the first section on that sheet, sending you to that one effectively sends you to all three sections.

Either system has its pluses and minuses. You just have to select your particular method for a particular project. There is no right and wrong way to do it.