PDA

View Full Version : floor plas in shaded view

cr_gixxer
2010-09-20, 08:55 PM
I am wondering why when I have my plans shaded with edges, the floor plans are not consistent. The floors on the main floor are white, the second floor seems to be shaded grey, and the third floor a darker shade of grey.

Obviously switching to hidden line has no issues, but since I want to use a shaded view for presentation, it just doesn't look right.

josh.made4worship
2010-09-20, 11:15 PM
Are you using Revit 2011? If so, you can use the consistent colors visual style...my best guess if that's not the problem is that maybe your floor materials are different, causing each floor to look different...it would help for you to post a the file or some screenshots if you need further help...

cr_gixxer
2010-09-20, 11:47 PM
Yes , I'm using 2011.

Its the same floor. I just copied it up.

It's actually happening with walls, furniture+ shelves also.

cr_gixxer
2010-09-20, 11:53 PM
see screenshot.

got the floors to look the same by changing the shaded colour of the material to white.

cr_gixxer
2011-06-24, 09:53 PM
Has anyone else have this issue? Still happening in 2012.

I want to use the shaded view for early presentations, but if i can't floors to read the same, it is worthless

renogreen
2011-06-24, 10:49 PM
That's really weird...I just took a practice model I have and added a third level to it and got the same results you have. Levels 1 and 2 look the same and level 3 looks completely different. I messed with it for a half hour and cannot find any reason for it.

Bizarre.

cgbwilson678861
2012-01-09, 05:58 PM
I was having this problem as well. The solution is the Graphic Display Options Sun Intensity. Make sure this value is the same in all of your views in order for the shaded views to appear with the same tones.