PDA

View Full Version : 3D modelling of reinforcement

j.pilot
2010-09-21, 06:21 PM
I am detailing a connection between a hollowcore precast concrete slab and a load bearing block wall. At the bearing point of the precast slab, there is an 8" bond course, and I want the centre core of each precast panel anchored with a reinforcing bar grouted into the precast core and hooked into the bond course. The 8" bond course is not deep enough to accommodate the std. hook length of the anchor bar, so i want to model a bend in the direction parallel to the bearing wall, so that the anchor bar can extend within the bond course.

Is there a way to sketch reinforcement in a view both parallel & perpendicular? I need to model the rebar with a bend about both its 'X' & 'Z' axis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

m20roxxers
2010-09-21, 09:36 PM
I have the same issue.

Best bet is to create a structure connection object either in place or a family and use that.

One of the many failings with 3D reinforcement.

I've annoyed Autodesk enough with my comments on many channels so i will end my rant there.

TheViking
2010-09-21, 11:46 PM
I am detailing a connection between a hollowcore precast concrete slab and a load bearing block wall. At the bearing point of the precast slab, there is an 8" bond course, and I want the centre core of each precast panel anchored with a reinforcing bar grouted into the precast core and hooked into the bond course. The 8" bond course is not deep enough to accommodate the std. hook length of the anchor bar, so i want to model a bend in the direction parallel to the bearing wall, so that the anchor bar can extend within the bond course.

Is there a way to sketch reinforcement in a view both parallel & perpendicular? I need to model the rebar with a bend about both its 'X' & 'Z' axis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could you provide a sketch?

Thanks,
Erik

m20roxxers
2010-09-22, 04:02 AM
Hi Erik

The issue is the rebar needs to be bent over 2 planes both vertically and horizontally in different directions.

Currently reinforcement can only be tied to a single plane, unless I am unaware of something similar to the path option you can use with sweeps in the family creator, but I have tried that with no success.

I would be very interested if you have a solution.

j.pilot
2010-09-22, 01:01 PM
I assumed that i would have to model it as a mass, or generic model. I just wanted the ability to show quantities in my rebar schedule. Thanks for the help...for clarification, attached is my feable attempt at sketching what i want to model.