PDA

View Full Version : Revit to Bentley Microstation workflow

rtaube
2010-09-22, 11:53 AM
We're just starting work translating a large Revit model to a Bentley Microstation model for USACE, a process that I'm wholly unfamiliar with. By large, I mean (2) 16 story towers, and two parking garages. All have precast elements on the facade, and the parking garage is actually precast double T panels. Any tips, suggestions, pitfalls to avoid?

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-22, 12:15 PM
We're just starting work translating a large Revit model to a Bentley Microstation model for USACE, a process that I'm wholly unfamiliar with. By large, I mean (2) 16 story towers, and two parking garages. All have precast elements on the facade, and the parking garage is actually precast double T panels. Any tips, suggestions, pitfalls to avoid?

You need to do a serious search, as its been covered at length. There are a few converters, none of which will build a "USACE compliant" Bentley model, for what the districts requiring Bentley are asking for.

If youre working for a district thats going to actually review the model submission, a Revit > Bentley convert will not stand the test.