PDA

View Full Version : Projection Hatches bad contrast.

gaby424
2010-09-22, 06:22 PM
I recently printed a document set in black and white and i had some problems with the facades. The facades had some patterns on them(diferent spots with diferents materials) . The lines of the patterns were too heavy in my opinion eaven if the pen 1 had the smallest value. The patterns heavy aspect make your geometry or anotation elements that are on it to be hard readable or unreadable.

So first ideea was to select the wall that has that hatch pattern, than choosed element override than half tone. I print it and the hatch aspect was perfect. Better contrast with the other more important elements that had this hatch patterns as a backround. The problem is that by using element overide/halftone for am instance of a wall you get the contour of the geometry to be haltoned too. So then you need linework to remake the lines geometry heavier again. Not to mention that you have to pick a lot of wall instances that are joined and form that spot with that finish.

Is there a way to control only the hatch to be printed haltone? Or another method to control a good contrast between hatches and geometry in a ortogonal projection( facades with hatches for diferent finishes, or a bath floor plan with hatch for tiles... etc)

aggockel50321
2010-09-22, 06:50 PM
Have you tried printing to gray scale rather than black & white?

cliff collins
2010-09-22, 07:02 PM
In your wall's Materials, you can specify the surface pattern to use a light grey color.

see attached.

cheers

gaby424
2010-09-22, 07:25 PM
Have you tried printing to gray scale rather than black & white?

I think this is the solution. I didn`t want to to use it before because in my working view i have some elements( grids, dimensions) in color. So eaven if my "for print" views are set to "Hidden Line" style this elementes are still color and when print in grey scale i supose they will be grey.So i have to remove this habit of using line in color for some objects if i wanted to print greyscale...or at least to aply a "print" viewtemplate that switch this elements back again before printing (good idea : ) ). I used color on some object becouse is a little harder do make diference between a plenity of lines in black and white when working in a hidden line style view.

Cliff, your setings is available only in greyscale printing i suppose isnt it? Anyway a good setting if i will use the greyscale.

So i think this are the options. Do you all using greyscale there? Or you don`t have a problem that your pen 1(hatch pen) is almost the same as heavy as pen 2 when printed.