PDA

View Full Version : Dimension thickness of a curved wall?

jj mac
2010-09-22, 09:31 PM
Please tell me there is some way to do this!?

jmc73
2010-09-22, 10:02 PM
You control the thickness yourself in the construction of the wall - if you edit the structure parameter of the wall, it tells you the overall thickness. You can normally get most of the info you need, including area, volume and length of your wall (curved or not) in the instance properties of the wall under the dimension parameter.

Hope that helps.
John

Alfredo Medina
2010-09-22, 10:03 PM
One possible solution is this:

Home > Ref. plane >
Draw a reference plane from midpoint to midpoint of the curved wall.
Annotate > Linear >
Place a dimension between the intersection points of ref. plane and wall.

See illustration.

aggockel50321
2010-09-23, 12:55 PM
Another:

You can tab - snap to the end points of a curved wall (see attached). If it's attached to another as the right side of the curved wall shown, be sure on your tab selections that you get the end of the curved wall and not the intersecting end of the other.

jj mac
2010-09-27, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the replies... angdrewg your suggestion seems to work the best for what we were expecting. It's a bit of a compromise but works.

jmc73
2010-09-27, 05:11 PM
Thanks for all the replies... angdrewg your suggestion seems to work the best for what we were expecting. It's a bit of a compromise but works.
lol my reply probably just confused the situation. I didn't understand that you were asking for a process to dimension it. I thought you just wanted to know what the thickness was.
d'oh!

jj mac
2010-09-27, 05:15 PM
well, thanks anway though John... Ya it was more of a process thing. In CAD, I guess you can pick any point along a face and dimension it. In Revit it's not the case... Kind of surprising...?