PDA

View Full Version : q about room

utakecare2003
2010-09-23, 01:31 AM
why if a wall is demolished in the new construction phase, then on the plan, if i have the view property as new and filer as previous+ demo, then the demo wall cannot bound the room, meaning I cannot tag the room? Is the room separation line the only way to work around?
thanks
utc

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-23, 02:20 AM
why if a wall is demolished in the new construction phase, then on the plan, if i have the view property as new and filer as previous+ demo, then the demo wall cannot bound the room, meaning I cannot tag the room? Is the room separation line the only way to work around?
thanks
utc

Because its gone. You demolished it. A wall thats knocked down doesnt bound a room....

patricks
2010-09-23, 01:49 PM
I assume you're trying to show existing room names on a demolition plan. That's very tricky business, because room objects exist only in the phase of the view in which they're created. And since demo plans *should be* set to New Construction and Show Previous + Demo, the only room objects that would show up would be the rooms for your new construction layout.

I would create existing rooms on a view set to the Existing phase (if you need to schedule them for area, etc), and then override the demolished walls in that existing phase view to look like your normal demolished graphic filter.

We *REALLY* need room objects that are phase-aware with phase created and demolished parameters.

harrisbrett
2010-09-23, 03:02 PM
Tag the rooms in the existing view, now duplicate the view and show just the room tags only. On your demolition sheet, just overlay the room tag view you just created on top of your demolition view.

patricks
2010-09-23, 09:29 PM
Tag the rooms in the existing view, now duplicate the view and show just the room tags only. On your demolition sheet, just overlay the room tag view you just created on top of your demolition view.

Quicker and easier than what I said to do. I always forget about the ol' overlaying views on top of one another method. :)

jmc73
2010-09-23, 09:44 PM

Quicker and easier than what I said to do. I always forget about the ol' overlaying views on top of one another method. :)
Explain to me more about this "overlaying views" thing? :)

-- as long as it doesn't hijack this thread, of course

harrisbrett
2010-09-24, 05:45 PM
Do the process described above. You now have two views (Room tag view and Demo plan view).

Drag the demo view onto a sheet. Now drag the Room tag view onto the same sheet on top of the other view. It should "snap" into place at the correct alignment

jmc73
2010-09-24, 10:47 PM
Do the process described above. You now have two views (Room tag view and Demo plan view).

Drag the demo view onto a sheet. Now drag the Room tag view onto the same sheet on top of the other view. It should "snap" into place at the correct alignmentOh duh .. gotcha. lol Thanks!