PDA

View Full Version : have you purchased families from revit-content.com

dmorin
2010-09-23, 01:18 PM
As anyone purchased any of the families offered from revit-content.com? If so how do they perform, are they well constructed and have you had any problems with them?

Thanks

ws
2010-09-23, 04:30 PM
Yes, I have several of their families which I use every day.

Sash window, doors, bi-fold doors, Velux rooflight and kitchen.

IMO they are outstanding value for money, particularly if you register and have new releases offered at discount.

I don't know about the strategy of having all-in-one families but I have no real complaints.

The modelling, parameter naming and organisation is very good with manuals and some instruction videos.

The service is also outstanding - several times I have pointed out little things or requested features and they have been fixed or incorporated within hours or at most a couple of days and the family reposted.

All I am waiting for at present is for them to include panelled door options in their door family but I understand that is coming.

iankids
2010-09-23, 08:25 PM
As with William, I have purchased a number of families.

All are well designed. A very well run company excellent to deal with.

Ian

jhs.222310
2010-09-24, 11:36 AM
I use them fairly extensively.

The kitchen units - that have SO many options do slow my machien down to a grind - and having so many options takes quite a while the learn.

The cupboards are good - though there is not one without a back (which I often use for joinery) - however - I went on a live chat and actually found out there was no one without a back within a bout 3 seconds (saved me heaps of time actually finding out) and then was able to edit the family to produce my own variation without a back within seconds.

So impressed by the functionality, impressed by the company, slightly question the workflow of an all in one kitchen where I htink all the options slow down the process.

I buy each thing they release.

James