PDA

View Full Version : Creating a group in one project, and Exporting it to another??

cdhdesign09
2010-09-23, 08:27 PM
Hey,

I've been working on a project for a couple weeks now and have realized that it is getting too messy and disorganized.

I'd like to take the buildings I've created in this project (4 total) group them all individually and export them to a common site plan, leaving me with a file with the site and 4 individual groups.

Anyone know how to export groups??

CDH

wmullett
2010-09-23, 08:33 PM
I think it would be much easier to delete all the buildings but one in the current file and doing a save as, then reopen the file and do this again for each building. Then you would have 4 projects + a site project and you can link them as needed.

cliff collins
2010-09-23, 08:46 PM
Hey,

I've been working on a project for a couple weeks now and have realized that it is getting too messy and disorganized.

I'd like to take the buildings I've created in this project (4 total) group them all individually and export them to a common site plan, leaving me with a file with the site and 4 individual groups.

Anyone know how to export groups??

CDH

You are almost there...
After the Group is created, just click Link and Revit makes it a new .rvt file
which can be saved out and linked back into your Site Project.

see attached.

cheers

cdhdesign09
2010-09-23, 10:46 PM
You are almost there...

see attached.

cheers

Perfect!! Thanks for the tips guys.

luigi
2010-09-24, 12:46 AM
You can also find the group at the bottom of the project browser and right mouse click it and "Save Group"

You are almost there...

see attached.

cheers