PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer vs Firefox

WolffG
2004-12-22, 11:17 PM
I have been using Firefox as my default browser and noticed a peculiarity w/ Revit. When trying to access the Revit web library, I can get to the detail I want but get a "file not found" error when trying to download it. The library seems to work fine when using IE. Is there a way to have Revit default to Internet explorer rather than Firefox when accessing the web library? Or is there a work around with Firefox?

Thanks

BillyGrey
2004-12-23, 02:14 AM
I'm guessing, but could it be a lack of a java runtime library install that is keep Firefox from executing the download? I also noted that prob, but I think I didn't have the prob when I had JRE installed on my last box. Anyway, if you figue it out, please post cause I really like Firefox.

Good luck.

WolffG
2004-12-23, 02:22 AM
I think I found a solution that works until I fiddle with it a while longer.
I set IE ast the default browser but keep using Firefox as my browser of choice. Not real elegant but it works.

BillyGrey
2004-12-23, 02:38 AM
And installing the Java Runtime Library did not help, I just tried...

Oh well

studio3p
2004-12-23, 04:22 AM
I just started using Firefox as by browser. Love it. I loaded it because I wanted to check a web site design I'm doing with the Mozilla engine. There are a few features I've come to like in IE that aren't supported in Firefox, but on the whole I like Firefox better.

I know this has nothing to do with the issue at hand, but I thought I'd chime in just the same.

GuyR
2004-12-23, 08:32 AM
Or is there a work around with Firefox?

I think it relates to MS specific javascript extensions. So it won't work with Firefox unless Autodesk change the script.

Guy

Glenn Pope
2005-01-20, 02:49 PM
I know this is a little late but...

Another option is installing the ieView extension (https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=Windows&numpg=50&id=35). This will allow you to right click in a page and open IE with that page.

BillyGrey
2005-01-20, 03:03 PM
Thanks gpope!

I really don't like using IE, and this plug helps allot for sites that lock out every other
competitor in the browser market.

Nice One!

Thanks

Bill