PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!!! Revit to ACAD dimension issue

smcgovern
2010-09-24, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry for the title on this but I've tried everything I know. We are working on a huge project for us and were in the midst of creating our AutoCAD drawings for release to a contractor and have found a huge issue. Dimensions crossing a view break appear correct within Revit, and on the PDF's created by Revit. However when we export the drawing out to AutoCAD, the dimension seems to change to an associated dimension in AutoCAD and is shortened to the distance less the break space removed from the view.

I have tried changing the file format of the export to every version of DWG and DFX available. On the older versions, the dimension looks correct until AutoCAD saves the file. When the file is reopened, the dimension is back to the shortened dimension. We have been having exporting issues from 2011 ever since we changed, but this one is a major problem.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Shawn

smcgovern
2010-09-24, 05:44 PM
Is there a way to have the export file not contain associated dimensions in AutoCAD?

Revit's export was far better in 2009 than it is in 2011. We didn't have to spend half the time we do today fixing issues.

Thanks for any help!
Shawn

tedg
2010-09-24, 08:26 PM
Is there a way to have the export file not contain associated dimensions in AutoCAD?

Revit's export was far better in 2009 than it is in 2011. We didn't have to spend half the time we do today fixing issues.

Thanks for any help!
Shawn
A suggestion, not sure if would work, but try setting that variable in an Acaddoc.lsp (or acad.lsp)
So when the drawing is opened up it gets set and maybe it won't move.

(SETVAR "DIMASSOC" 1)
or
(SETVAR "DIMASSOC" 0)

Just a thought.

DaveP
2010-09-24, 08:29 PM
There's a new option in 2011 to "Maintain Visual Fidelity" in the Export DWG... DWG Properties dialog. (see pic).
Don't know if it affects Dimensions, but if you've tried everything else . . . .

smcgovern
2010-09-27, 03:28 PM
Dave,

I tried both options to no avail. Thanks for trying!

Shawn

J.Pfeifer
2010-10-05, 02:44 PM
try to export separate xref/layout files to keep dimensions in the model space xref, then they should stay the way you want them to...
(the option is called psltscale=1) and you have to create sheets ant export these.