PDA

View Full Version : Interior Elevations - Missing Lines

antman
2010-09-24, 09:50 PM
I generated 96 interior elevation views of my project today. After placing them all on sheets, and exporting to .dwfx, 50 of them have missing lines along some of the edges, where the crop boundary coincides with the face of finish. Is it normal to have to manually edit the crop region to fix this problem, or is there an easier step to get them all to display properly?

When I export, it is set to hide crop regions. I don't know if that makes a difference (I don't want my crop regions to plot). Also, if I open a view and hide the crop region, I do still see the line, even though it ends up not plotting.

sifuentes
2010-09-27, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately, sometimes there is no easy way around this. Interior elevations in my experience have always required additional work to make them look right. When you create interior elevations Revit should snap the crop region to the faces of walls-floors-ceilings, but it doesn't always work, not even when you try to do it manually. Further, the sides of the crop region that snap to the faces of the assemblies, will show a "thin line" on that side. Where the crop region won't snap, and you have to adjust it manually, the crop region will crop the line weight, so if you managed to get the crop region right to the face of the assembly, Revit will show half the width of the line weight on that side. The problem of the crop region not snapping to faces seems to be erratic, and it results in messy looking interior elevations.

Among the different ways of doing it, how we have dealt with the problem is to create a masking region with a hole. This way you can also show a heavy line around the elevation if you want. This is a time consuming job if you have a lot of interior elevations, but it is the only way to get perfectly delineated and consistent looking interior elevations, as it will also deal with problems where you have dropped down ceilings where some elements would show in projection and some in section.

Because the masking regions take time, one way I have been considering is to set up the elevations so they look like closely cropped elevation-sections. I don't know yet how this will suit other architects, but if the problem arises and you want to deal with it in a more permanent manner, depending on the extent or nature of the problem, a compromise has to be made between putting up the additional work or the not so pretty pictures.

ghost16383325367
2012-07-19, 10:59 PM
Iknow it's too old thread but for whoever has the same problem lately, the only solution right now for this problem is export the file to pdf and then print the drawing from pdf. it'll work fine.

lukeh341816
2013-06-13, 12:17 AM
This is still an issue, the only way I can get it to work is using the linework tool on the wall face that is missing.