PDA

View Full Version : Can't select curtain wall grid in plan view

revituser195
2010-09-27, 05:17 PM
In a plan view, why would you not be able to select a curtain wall grid? It is the same for all types. If I switch to other plan views in the same project, the grids are selectable.

Reveal hidden items doesn't seem to help.

It isn't a view range issue, so what's going on here?

Thanks,
Rob

patricks
2010-09-27, 05:39 PM
Sometimes you have to tab-select to get the little hash mark representing the grid to appear in plan. Does this not work?

greg.mcdowell
2010-09-27, 05:45 PM
As a last resort you can window select and filter out to the grid line. I end up doing this a lot more than I'd like... those little buggers are hard to grab!

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-27, 05:59 PM
Check if Walls are turned off, as a category, in Visibility Graphics, or if there are Filters that affect the Walls category. The Curtain "Grids" technically belong to the Walls Category, if they are Curtain Walls, and to Curtain Systems, if they are... Curtain Systems.

revituser195
2010-09-27, 06:00 PM
Sometimes you have to tab-select to get the little hash mark representing the grid to appear in plan. Does this not work?

Tab cycles through the mullions only, very odd. The grid is selectable in 3D, just not in this view.

revituser195
2010-09-27, 06:04 PM
Check if Walls are turned off, as a category, in Visibility Graphics, or if there are Filters that affect the Walls category. The Curtain "Grids" technically belong to the Walls Category, if they are Curtain Walls, and to Curtain Systems, if they are... Curtain Systems.

In VG, no filters in this view. Walls & Curtain categories / subcategories are all on.

revituser195
2010-09-27, 06:07 PM
As a last resort you can window select and filter out to the grid line. I end up doing this a lot more than I'd like... those little buggers are hard to grab!

When selecting with a window then opening Filter, only mullions and panels are available. Grids are not there. I'm pretty familiar with filtering selections and do what you suggest frequently. Thanks for the suggestion, they just aren't there in plan. In 3D you can hover and boom, there they are.

cliff collins
2010-09-27, 06:10 PM
Can you post the file ( or just a small piece of it with the curtain wall ) for us to look at?

cheers

revituser195
2010-09-27, 08:34 PM
Can you post the file ( or just a small piece of it with the curtain wall ) for us to look at?

cheers

Ok, in the attached file, the curtain wall grid is not selectable in Level 1, but is in Level 2.

Thank you all for your time.

wmullett
2010-09-27, 08:50 PM
You can select all grid lines in both walls in level 1. The short wall does not get cut in level 2 so you can't select them there.

cliff collins
2010-09-27, 08:53 PM
I can select the curtain grids in Level 01 Plan.

see attached.

cheers

revituser195
2010-09-27, 09:19 PM
I can select the curtain grids in Level 01 Plan.

see attached.

cheers

I'm talking about the grid that passes through the entire curtain wall as if you were going to stretch the curtain wall. Can you select that one?

cliff collins
2010-09-27, 09:22 PM
Yes--

Had to change view discipline to Architectural.

see attached.

cheers

revituser195
2010-09-27, 09:58 PM
Yes--

Had to change view discipline to Architectural.

see attached.

cheers

Oh sure, were you planning on sharing that part :)

Thanks everyone.
Rob

wmullett
2010-09-28, 12:36 PM
revituser.... you would have gotten a much quicker answer if you had called it the CW location line rather than the grid line. They are different.

revituser195
2010-09-28, 06:03 PM
revituser.... you would have gotten a much quicker answer if you had called it the CW location line rather than the grid line. They are different.

Noted, thank you for the correction.

Rob