PDA

View Full Version : Phasing and linked files

chris.macko125036
2010-09-29, 04:08 PM
I have an architectural file with a linked structural file for a renovation/addition project. Both have elements in the existing and new construction phases, but for some reason when I have a view set to the existing phase, the linked file still shows new construction. When i look at the VG settings for the linked file it says By host view (new construction) even though the host view is existing. If I manually set the link to existing view than everything displays correctly. Has anyone experienced this or know what the problem could be?

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-29, 04:38 PM
Yes, were experiencing this as well in 2011. File a Support Request.

By Host View is not working correctly with a few of the "Basic" Tab settings in VG: RVT Link.

Ours are saying "By Host View: None" when the Host views Phase Filter is set to "Show Previous and New (no demo)".

Baldwin_4-6-0
2010-09-29, 04:46 PM
Yes, were experiencing this as well in 2011. File a Support Request.

By Host View is not working correctly with a few of the "Basic" Tab settings in VG: RVT Link.

Ours are saying "By Host View: None" when the Host views Phase Filter is set to "Show Previous and New (no demo)".

So what are you doing to remedy your situation?

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-29, 05:10 PM
Setting Linked Files to Custom, and setting the Phase Filter in VG: RVT Link to the correct Phase Filter.

We had a complication where we uploaded all of the models to Autodesk for the SR, and when they got them, the Phase Filters acted correctly for some reason. They even sent me screen captures. Just last week i did a Live meeting with them, and they watched on our machines here to document the problem. Theyre waiting for me to upload the models, and to be fair... I forgot. LOL.