PDA

View Full Version : Levels in a linked file

MikeJarosz
2010-09-30, 03:15 PM
The levels and grids for a project I am working on are not native to my file, but are linked in from the structural file. They cluster on top of each other and look terrible. Is there a way I can move the head and the text around the way I can if they were native to the file?

cliff collins
2010-09-30, 03:30 PM
I don't think you can actually move or adjust them from inside your project.

However, can you just turn them off via VG Custom settings and let your native project
show them?

Or have the consultants use a Scope Box so they at least all line up consistently?

cheers

**edit** as Margaret mentions below, Copy/Monitor may be a good solution.

cdatechguy
2010-09-30, 03:45 PM
I turn off the Shared Levels Workset from the linked file once I know everything matches up.

mwiggins121466
2010-09-30, 03:49 PM
Why not c/m them?

MikeJarosz
2010-09-30, 08:35 PM
I got copy/monitor to copy the linked level into my project and was able to drag it around until it looked right. But the linked levels still show. I have been able to find where the linked file worksets are in VG, but they are all greyed out.

As Agnes Gooch said to Auntie Mame: "What do I do now?"

mwiggins121466
2010-09-30, 08:48 PM
Ok so you can turn off the level workset by going to manage links and select the file and hit reload from, point to the file and next to the open button there is a drop down arrow.... select specify and open.... you should get a workset dialog close the workset.
Note:Make sure you are the only one in the model when doing this or the locals can get out of sync.

twiceroadsfool
2010-09-30, 09:10 PM
Go to VG:RVT Links > Custom Button > Annotations > Turn off levels and grids. Its safer and less error prone than shutting off entire worksets of your consultants. Are you certain they didnt accidentally model something on Shared Levels and Grids? Certain they didnt accidentally put a Level on Workset1? Worksets arent good visibility tools, compared to the tools made for it.

Then, you can use a view template to control the VG:RVT Links tab for all views, and shut off that stuff in five clicks, everywhere.

MikeJarosz
2010-09-30, 09:46 PM
BINGO! Looks right.

Now I have to do the template thing.