PDA

View Full Version : Drawing List-Volumes

kmarquis
2010-10-01, 04:23 PM
I have Project File that have two sets of drawings within it. I have a set of Fit Out Drawings and then a set of Tenant Drawings.

I have some sheets that are only for Fit Out, some that are only for Tentant Drawings and some Sheets that are typicals that need to be included in both sets.

Is there a way to create two Drawing List schedules and have some drawings that are included in both sets? I was trying to do it by Volumes but when I add the filter for "Volumes equals FIT OUT" and then by "Volumes equals Typicals" it of course will only find things that meet both criteria.

The set is already quite complicated since the firm I work for needs to divide up the drawing list by series and wants the series labeled on the Drawing List so there's categories broken up by "CASEWORK DETAILS" and then all the Casework detail sheets are listed underneath.

Any cleaver ideas?

t1.shep
2010-10-01, 04:31 PM
Sounds like you're on the right track, but may just need to adjust your filtering types...
You basically have List A, List B, and List AB.
If your parameter that you're filtering by is assigned to the sheets then it would seem that all you really need to do is set the parameter as above. You'd have 2 drawing lists (List A and List B). Your filter settings for List A will be to filter parameter equals A and another filter for equals AB. The the same for List B.
Where there may be an issue is that if you're filtering the drawing list by other parameters, you may run out of filter slots.
The Casework sheets may need to be another drawing list that you just align with the other drawing lists on the sheet. Again, you'll need a unique parameter to filter and sort by, but you'd only need to assign it to the particular sheets.
Hope this helps...

kmarquis
2010-10-01, 04:52 PM
Of course! Uh...So mad I didn't think of that. So I have List A, List B and List AB

Thanks