PDA

View Full Version : "DIVIDE"

mpaya
2010-10-04, 09:25 PM
I'm trying to "divide" an arc in a equal segments, but I can't find this tool in the revit bar, do you have any idea that How can I do it?

patricks
2010-10-04, 09:48 PM
Not very easily, unfortunately. It will likely involve drawing a line from the arc's center out to one end point, and then doing a radial array of that line set to one more than the number of arc segments you need, with you defining the position of the last segment (set rotation center to arc center, click on one arc end, then the other arc end). Then you'll have to split the arc at each point where the lines intersect the arc. Finally get rid of all the lines.

Like I said, not very easy at all.

iru69
2010-10-04, 09:54 PM
Great question. Unfortunately, there's not an easy way that I know of like there is in AutoCAD.

I'd suggest using an Radial Array of detail lines. Pick beginning and end point and then as many as needed in between. Then use the Split Element tool to split the element.

Maybe someone else has a better idea.

edit: patricks beat me to it.

Alfredo Medina
2010-10-04, 10:49 PM
Another alternative of solution is this:

Home > Ref. plane, from "SC". (snap center) to one endpoint of the arc. Draw more reference planes to divide the arc in the desired number of segments, at random angles. Then do Annotate > Angular, click on all the reference planes, continuously, to create a string of dimensions. Then activate the EQ (equal) constraint. Then use the split tool, picking at the intersections between the arc and the planes.

The illustration shows the reference planes before and after activating the EQ constraint.

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-10-05, 07:08 AM
You can use the curtain wall tool as well. Create a CW style with vertical grid pattern set to fixed number. Draw your arc. Set the instance parameter for number of panels to the number of divisions you want. If you set the panel to empty you'll then be able to snap to the divisions. The nice part about this approach is you can adjust the arc and the divisions will automatically be recalculated.