PDA

View Full Version : pdf's

johnf.77896
2010-10-05, 03:38 PM
I am having problems creating pdfs now that I have service pack 2 installed. Is anyone else having similar problems? when I go to make one, the circle just spins then I have to force it to shut down and restart.

Thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

Dave Jones
2010-10-05, 04:13 PM
I am having problems creating pdfs now that I have service pack 2 installed. Is anyone else having similar problems? when I go to make one, the circle just spins then I have to force it to shut down and restart.

Thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

Revit 2011 SP #2 and I'm not having any problems printing to pdf except for the annoying "it'll never stop" loop when trying to include all sheets in a set which has been there since before SP#2.

ws
2010-10-05, 04:28 PM
I did see something like this but after a reboot it cleared up - no idea why - and I've just checked, Revit 2011 sp2 plots fine to pdf as far as I can see.

Is the spooler stuck? i.e. do you have a print queue that will not clear?

Dave Jones
2010-10-05, 04:37 PM
I did see something like this but after a reboot it cleared up - no idea why - and I've just checked, Revit 2011 sp2 plots fine to pdf as far as I can see.

Is the spooler stuck? i.e. do you have a print queue that will not clear?

I normally don't export to .dwf or .dwfx but did day before yesterday for a customer who wanted both that and a .pdf set. 365 sheets ran in the spooling mode for almost 6 hours before I killed it. The pdf set printed in 20 minutes or so and my customer didn't get their .dwf set. Since I have no pre SP#2 experience with .dwf output I don't know if they are related or not and don't know if it has anything to do with the OP's problems with pdfs?

johnf.77896
2010-10-05, 04:52 PM
I found the fix. My "adobe" printer was set up to the old settings of printing to COM1, Now there is an option to print to "adobe" document port. Selected that port and it worked again.

Thanks for the replies
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.