PDA

View Full Version : Latest House

funkman
2004-12-24, 06:58 AM
Final render prior to DA submission in the New Year on a new house on the water. Awful water and grass, and getting tired of Alex and Yin Yin, but hey its xmas.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas, and a great, safe and prosperous New Year!!!

Roger Evans
2004-12-24, 10:43 AM
Inspirational .. (but I still refuse to be taunted like this).. & Very nice

Cheers

Roger

Roger Evans
2004-12-24, 02:38 PM
I know what you mean about Alex & Yin Yin

Does this help or hinder ?

Yeah .. probably hinders

Have a good one everyone

SCShell
2004-12-24, 03:14 PM
Hey there,
Very nice! I like the design a lot. It's fun when you get to carry a strong geometric theme throughout a design like you did.
Oh, and Roger....That was truly hilarious! Every rendering NEEDS that personal touch! (Heck, I going to put a rhinosorous in my newest redering, thanks to you and your "longneck" friend.)

Have a great Holiday
Steve

bclarch
2004-12-29, 04:02 PM
Funkman,

Nice building. Is the exterior real stucco or synthetic stucco? Which is more common in Oz?

Roger Evans
2005-01-02, 12:04 AM
Out of interest ... What is the anticipated build cost of this per m2 in Australia ?

beegee
2005-01-02, 12:22 AM
Without wishing to pre-empt Funkman ( who's enjoying the surf as we speak, Roger :) )
an architecturally designed house cost per m² would vary from a low of $AUD 1,820 to a high of $AUD 4,300. That's in Sydney. In Brisbane or Melbourne, it could possibly be 35% higher.

Out of interest ... What is the anticipated build cost of this per m2 in Australia ?

Henry D
2005-01-02, 05:13 PM
Nice House Funkman - I like the curve.

Beegee,

If my math is right (10.76 SF/M and 1.32 AU$/US$) those numbers convert to $130/SF low and $312/SF high in US $. That's interesting because that is about the same $/SF cost I see for custom houses in my area of the U.S.

blads
2005-01-03, 05:03 AM
I know what you mean about Alex & Yin Yin

Does this help or hinder ?

Yeah .. probably hinders

Have a good one everyone

Hey Roger

if you lost the "dude" every house needs a giraffe in their pool, trust me I'm speaking from experience...

blads
2005-01-03, 05:06 AM
Without wishing to pre-empt Funkman ( who's enjoying the surf as we speak, Roger :) )
an architecturally designed house cost per m² would vary from a low of $AUD 1,820 to a high of $AUD 4,300. That's in Sydney. In Brisbane or Melbourne, it could possibly be 35% higher.

or 30% lower in Adelaide...

beegee
2005-01-03, 06:48 AM
.. coupled with great wine and good looking giraffes.

Must be the place. :|

or 30% lower in Adelaide...

rjjlee
2005-01-05, 01:37 AM
35% higher in Brisbane and Melbourne compared to Sydney... I always thought Sydney would be higher

blads
2005-01-05, 02:59 AM
According to an old copy (2003) of "Rawlinsons Construction Cost Guide", in decending order from high>low for aussie capital cities:
Melbourne > Sydney > Perth > Hobart > Brisbane > Adelaide

which surprised me as I would've thought Perth to be dearer than Sydney...

beegee
2005-01-05, 03:05 AM
Interesting.

My figures were from BMT Assoc. They don't list Adelaide or Perth, but thet show every other east coast city as being ( potentially ) more expensive than Sydney. ( and that includes Cairns and Hobart :o , which I found surprising )

So, it looks as though there have been some big shifts in the market over the past year.

According to an old copy (2003) of "Rawlinsons Construction Cost Guide", in decending order from high>low for aussie capital cities:
Melbourne > Sydney > Perth > Hobart > Brisbane > Adelaide

which surprised me as I would've thought Perth to be dearer than Sydney...

funkman
2005-01-05, 06:06 AM
hello all,
ahhh, another test win. Too easy.

Back to work after some wine tasting, running from cows and goats in the paddock, tasting some old vintage english cheddar and getting some fresh air. Have finally been able to sit down and answer.

Well, in Sydney, it depends on where you build. Most of my projects are in the eastern subs, and in the order of $3000-$3500/sq.m. I fell off my chair just this morning when a client told me he recevied a quote of around $1500/sq.m. This was of course from a project home builder with no inclusions.

So, for a top quality, prestige standard, concrete floors, double brick, lots of high performance glass, top quality finishes you will be fortunate to get out of it at $3500 minimum.

truevis
2005-06-26, 07:45 PM
Awful water and grass
Grass recommendation : ACCUSTUDIO\Organic\Flora\Groundcover\Grass, darker, bitmap
there's some nice water materials in Accustudio.mlib, too.