PDA

View Full Version : 2011 User Interface

BIMPlaceholder
2010-10-06, 07:29 PM
Do you want the abilty to change the color of the icons in the ribbon so you can easily see commands you are looking for? Please take the poll.
Currently, the Rvt UI is like reading a black and white newspaper, kind of hard to distinguish or find the same command when it floats all over the place in those ribbon tabs. One way to visually find it is to color it your way and recognize it easily. We are not asking factory to change the icon look, just the ability to color.
I still wish they'd give us an option to have the classic UI. But that's for a different poll...

jeffh
2010-10-06, 07:43 PM
I still wish they'd give us an option to have the classic UI. ..

You can have it if you want.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13126336&linkID=9243099

iru69
2010-10-06, 09:30 PM
That's rather disingenuous.

You can have it if you want.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13126336&linkID=9243099

twiceroadsfool
2010-10-06, 11:39 PM
I begged them to include more color in to the UI. The context ribbon has a "mild grey," and the groups have the funny tint of yellow. But to date, the easiest things to find on the ribbon are the Cancel Sketch and Finish Sketch buttons, which are bright and in color.

The 2011 Interface is great by comparison to the 2010 one, and i even prefer it over the 2009 one, which we still have installed here. But a little bold color would only help. It would mean not having to focus on things so close.

iru69
2010-10-07, 02:30 AM
I agree. Unfortunately, it seems like the latest fad. iTunes got rid of all the color in their icons and it totally sucks (despite all the haters out there, I've always liked iTunes).

I begged them to include more color in to the UI. The context ribbon has a "mild grey," and the groups have the funny tint of yellow. But to date, the easiest things to find on the ribbon are the Cancel Sketch and Finish Sketch buttons, which are bright and in color.

jeffh
2010-10-07, 03:50 AM
That's rather disingenuous.

I did not mean anyhting by it. I am sorry. I thought perhaps the original poster did not know this was still an option in 2011.

iru69
2010-10-07, 05:10 PM
You just did it again. If you're going to mention this as an "option", you should also mention that quite a bit of functionality is lost, and "bugs" are rampant - it's not very usable.

To make it sound like it's just a matter of flipping a switch and you can have a fully functional version of 2010/2011 with the Revit Classic interface is what I found disingenuous about your reply. I can respect that you didn't mean to be.

:beer:

I thought perhaps the original poster did not know this was still an option in 2011.

cdatechguy
2010-10-07, 05:24 PM
Make things more interesting.....let people design their own skins for the panels....Like you can do for Windows, IE, Chrome and Firefox...

Loss of productivity option....lol..

jeffh
2010-10-07, 05:31 PM
You just did it again. If you're going to mention this as an "option", you should also mention that quite a bit of functionality is lost, and "bugs" are rampant - it's not very usable.

Sorry. I think the text in the solution clearly explains there may be problems and the "classic" interface is not supported, but it still exists.