PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up flat roof & wall intersections - pot shelfs and similar

jon.200969
2010-10-06, 08:40 PM
What's the best way to handle an exterior stucco shelf? I've got some deep popouts and am having trouble getting the linework to show cleanly.

I'm basically making a small roof as the top of the shelf. (Maybe there's a better way to do this?) But the roof and wall intersections aren't showing the way I want.

If I join the wall to the roof then the edge of the roof is visible in the elevation. If I don't join it then I still see the edge of the roof and the edge of the wall also in plan.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

sbrown
2010-10-07, 12:03 PM
You need to make the roof using the pick wall tool and set it to "extend into core". Then as long as your walls have a struct. layer and a finish layer and so does your roof. then they will clean up like you want.

jon.200969
2010-10-08, 03:33 PM
Thank you very much Scott. That helps a ton.

My only issue now is getting the edge of the finish layer to not show as a double line.

d.stairmand
2010-10-10, 03:34 AM
This is where the Handy Linework Tool comes in Handy!
Invisible Line that Roof!

patricks
2010-10-11, 02:12 PM
This is where the Handy Linework Tool comes in Handy!
Invisible Line that Roof!

Yep, that's what I do for similar situations involving sheetrock ceiling soffits made with a ceiling type and corresponding wall type around the edge. Pick the face of the wall core for the ceiling sketch, join geometry, and then using linework to omit the additional lines. For small-scale drawings I may not even worry about the additional lines.

jon.200969
2010-10-11, 11:51 PM
Works great. Thanks!