PDA

View Full Version : Funky display issue with wall

Design Apparatus
2010-10-07, 09:20 PM
Well, I've got this funky wall/display issue going on that I cannot seem to figure out.

The exterior walls are 2x6 construction with an EIFS exterior. The ext. walls to the south are 2 storey, as is the wall in question. I do not know why this wall will not clean up at each end; there are no "disallowed joins".
This 2nd floor plan has a cut plane of 7 feet (so the roof planes would show up) and an area plan view of the 2nd floor cut at 4 feet.
Anybody got any ideas?
(see attachment for image)
Thanks

Munkholm
2010-10-08, 09:25 AM
Try to drag the interior walls away from the the wall in question, then use the "Wall join" tool to miter the exterior walls, and last drag the interior walls back to the wall in question - That might do the trick for you :beer:

abrown.265138
2010-10-08, 09:09 PM
I once had a problem with walls showing up strange in plan similar to your issue. My problem was that the top constraint was set to unconnected. Everything was modeled correctly but looked incorrect in plan. It also had to do with the wall top constraint was at the exact cut plane for the view.

Another idea would be to disallow join the interior walls to the exterior wall. I have had so many exterior wall corners fail because of interior walls trying to join the same corner at many different floor levels.